Sunday, November 23, 2008

Polarized Express

So on the cynical side of life.........Here in our town, a group of savy people got together this year, to actually create a Christmas experience with a train and couple passenger cars for their own version of the Polar Express. Sounds like a great idea right? People would get to ride a train for 45 minutes and meet up with Santa and his elves and get treated to hot chocolate and a cookie, just like in the movie. That sounded like a great plan for a festive celebration this year. So....... after I found the phone number to call to book 3 tickets, I found an online reservation site that allowed a person to be able to fill out info and be contacted back to book our trip. Sounded like a great idea, since I tried calling the number and kept getting a busy signal. I booked a trip for Sunday Nov 23rd for 3 for the 8 PM tour. I thought we were "in". According to the online info, it stated not to bother calling in regarding tours if you sent in your online reservation and that everyone would be contacted. Well, as you might have guessed, no one ever called and now we were told that they were booked up. Not sure how that happened, but I know that other people were not happy with this part. So, either I call in to complain, or chalk it up to this group not knowing how to manage how popular this event would be? Hmmmmm, I am still deciding.

No comments: