Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bored, In Pain and Numb

I was hoping to be able to post something before I had surgery, but since I am now 1 week and 1/2 into recovery, I haven't been feeling like doing ANYTHING. I know it will pass, but I was hoping to be able to read at least a book. I can't get out of this funky, pain medicine induced, coma feeling. Everyone is back at school and work and here I sit, lay down or stand, while trying to get back to a normal routine. I was told the first two weeks would be the hardest, but this stinks! Wish me luck I am going back to bed with my new friend "the heating pad". think I will name her "Hilda". Sounds appropriate! See ya later! S

2 comments:

Get A Life! said...

Well, that stinks! I was thinking of sending you a book. Hang in there. Read you in the blogosphere.

Shera said...

Thanks! I had cut back on the pain pills last week, but seem to be even more tired without them. "Hilda" is terrific! I even fell asleep during the Presidents speech last night... go figure! I am looking forward to a better day today and have been listening to the radio more. The farm reports can be pretty interesting around here in West Texas. Really! i am going to focus on being at Mass tonight for the start of Lent. (bringing my back pillow) It will be nice to be out with people again! :)