Monday, September 8, 2008

One of those Nights

I am not sure if it is just a fluke, or my illness kicking in? I cannot seem to get to sleep, so I guess I will write a little. I am feeling uneasy, almost as if my world is about to blow up. Not sure what it is, but its a feeling I have had before. A long time ago, when I went through the same thing.
My heart has been racing, and I feel an impeding sense of doom. Why? Perhaps because it is that same time of year? Like the last time. I have a lot of energy as my mind races by with thoughts of utter chaos. I am feeling like I need to sleep, but when I close my eyes, they flash open wide as if I am expecting someone, or something to provide me with ominous news.
With my arms wrapped tightly around my body, I am trying to comfort myself by repeating that I am not alone. God is with me. Just by saying those words, I am relaxing, but the feeling that some big change is going to happen is still there. Lurking in my subconcious. Which makes me even more afraid to close my eyes and try to sleep.
I have to have faith.

4 comments:

Get A Life! said...

Don't worry! I'm here for you, as are all your loved ones. Not all changes are negative. And as you know, some just take time to reveal themselves as a positive in the long run.

Shera said...

Thank you for that! I am much better now. Nothing happened, but it sure was weird. Now we have floods here and Lubbock was declared to be in a state of emergency. We are fine and our house is on a little hill. Thank goodness we don't live down by Houston. LOL

sbuxcivilengr16 said...

Hi
Houston is Awesome! NASA is Awesome!

p.s I dont know know get a life but he sure is an eloquent writer "not all changes are negative...some just take time to reveal themselves as a positive in the long run" That phrase is so poetic and thoughtful, I only know two people who could say something that awesome!(your husband and mrs.Thomas) and only one who could say it with perfect grammar (mrs.thomas)

Sorry if I am ruining you blog with my sappyness. Hope you dont mind a high school senior posting here.

Shera said...

Thank You Sunshine! I was going through a rough time that day/night, and it always helps me to write. I just hadn't written on my blog before, this kind of depressing stuff, but, I figured that was one of the reasons I created this blog. BTW, Get a Life is a great person that I have known for many many years. I should post a little something else now. LOL! Maybe tomorrow.